Some of the most exciting things we do take place every day in our Rehabilitation Therapy Center. Our in-house therapists and nursing staff work as partners to treat residents who may have lost strength and mobility due to illness, trauma, or surgery.
All of our therapists are highly trained and certified and work exclusively for Canyon Oaks.
We provide in-patient therapy services six days a week. Upon admission, our team will consult with your physician and create a personalized therapy program specific for your needs and desires.
Our physical therapy program is designed to address neurological, orthopedic, rheumatologic conditions, and other injuries and illness. We emphasize balance, gait, transfer training, safety, coordination, strengthening, and pain management in an effort to help patients achieve their highest levels of functional mobility.
- Individualized exercise programs
- Range of motion exercise
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Gait and balance training
- Posture and body mechanics
- Electrical Stimulation, Ultrasound, Short-Wave Diathermy, and H-Wave
- Solaris Light Therapy for pain management, contracture management, muscle strengthening and re-education
Our occupational therapy program focuses on improving our residents’ skills in the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Therapists work with residents to maximize their potential for re-learning basic living skills such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, and cooking. Our therapists help our residents learn to cope with losses in ADL and physical functioning through the use of therapeutic exercise and activity.
- Home management skills
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Safety training
- Arm and hand rehabilitation
- ADL retraining
- Contracture management and splint screening
- Perceptual skills retraining
- Arthritis management
Our speech therapy program assists residents in adapting and compensating to overcome problems with speech, hearing, comprehension, expression or swallowing. Speech therapists can evaluate, plan, and conduct treatment for speech deficits, voice problems, hearing, and word pronunciation difficulties to help residents better express their needs and improve communication. Therapists work as a team with our Dietary Department to address and improve feeding and swallowing concerns.
- Oral motor retraining
- Voice therapy and language skills assessment
- Auditory and visual comprehension
- Development of communication devices
- Dietary consultation
- Cognitive and perceptual retraining
- Management of dysphagia or swallowing problem
Rest and relaxation are an important aspect of your total recovery. Studies show that maintaining a healthy and positive psychosocial well-being helps promote the healing process.
At Canyon Oaks, we offer a variety of resident-centered activities for you to choose from. Whether you prefer individual activities in the comfort of your own room or choose to partake in our daily social group activities, our staff is here to help promote your well-being.
Some of your entertainment options include:
- Standard and premium cable television to each bed
- Private line telephone service available to each bed
- Resident reading library with books on tape available
- Recreational garden activities
- Family friendly, park-like grounds
- Wireless internet services with available bedside workstations
- Beautician services
Some of our activities include:
- Movie Nights
- Family Candle Light Dinners
- Casino Games
- Religious Services
- Musical Events
- Resident Council
- Family Education Night
- Pet Therapy
- Aroma Therapy
- Arts and Crafts
- Holiday-Themed Events